Prev: Re: Solo Stargrunt Next: Re: [SG] Possible FAQ - Ordering GZG from the States?

[DS2]: Another Build System Idea

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:39:11 -0500
Subject: [DS2]: Another Build System Idea

I have also have been searching for a better method to deal with
capacity
point (CP) problems.  after several deadends, I'm trying a "small
solution"
versus an overhaul.

if you have a CP overage/underage after vehicle design, why not trade it
for armor points (AP)?	this is not to be confused with the overall
armor
factor.  AP are the aspect armor values the vehicle has.  for example, a
hvy tank with armor factor 4 would have the following AP:

   front: 4
   sides: 3
   top: 3
   rear: 3
   bottom: 2

so if the CP are 1 over, why not subtract 1 armor from the rear armor,
say?  when dealing with multiple AP, add or subtract evenly around the
vehicle to avoid min-maxers.  therefore, a 2-point reduction would
subtract
from the top/bottom, both sides or rear/bottom, etc.

OTOH, an APC needs 1 more CP to fit the troop loadout, so why not reduce
the AP by 1 to accomodate it?

note that my underlying assumption is overall weight, not necessarily
space.	i say this because DS2 tends to focus on space rather than
weight
in the build formula.  if you can live with this alteration, then this
can
be a tweak that works for you.	okay, you've managed to fit in that big
weapon or infantry, but now the vehicle armor is slightly easier to
penetrate.

anyway, just an idea to throw out there....

Prev: Re: Solo Stargrunt Next: Re: [SG] Possible FAQ - Ordering GZG from the States?