Prev: Re: Someone wanted to see vehicles... Next: Re: "High Resolution" FT

Re: FT in a Fluid

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@e...>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 01:39:37 -0500
Subject: Re: FT in a Fluid

Instead of calling the manuever in "swerving" I would suggest either
"induced yaw" or "attitude skew".  Someone pointed out to me that the
reason
you don't want to yaw the missile is it now has much increased surface
area
in the flow of the air stream and thus needs to be redesigned to
compensate.
What is easier, redesigning every missile or one aircraft?  :-\

On an unrelated note, how much computing power are in ATGM's these days?
>From a hacker point of view I have found that even mundane things like
Pinball games have significant computers in them (i.e. way beyond 4
function
calculators).  I am curious how much hacking is possible on the launcher
or
the round.  (This from the guy that wants to put a wireless web server
in
his truck to monitor the truck computer and view the engine performance
on
line...)

Prev: Re: Someone wanted to see vehicles... Next: Re: "High Resolution" FT