Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: RE: Transparent things

Re: Someone wanted to see vehicles...

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:22:39 +1100
Subject: Re: Someone wanted to see vehicles...

From: "Glenn M Wilson" <triphibious@juno.com>

> > >Beth, someone ought to implement
> > >what we have in the States - free local
> > >calling and free internet access.
> > >That way it doesn't cost Derek and you a
> > >dime.  I wish the rest of the world had this.
> >
> >I have heard murmurings that it is beginning to appear on the
mainland

> >(free net access that is), which means it should get to Tassie in
> >about 50 yrs.

> <grin>
> I didn't know Australia had colonies!

We have charged local calls - about 10c US per call, no time limit on
any call made the same day. So a continuous connection gets charged
10c every midnight. And a local call can be anything up to 100 km away,
(50 miles) depending on where you are, it's not just the local area by
US standards.
But Free ISPs? None that I know of, even here in the civilised part of
Australia, let alone the various islands, such as Lord Howe, Norfolk,
Christmas Island etc. Plus Tasmania.

I suppose I should explain the joke: evevryone forgets Tassie. We live
at the ass-end of the world, a giant backwater. And our backwater -
a backwater Squared - is Tasmania, that little triangle at the bottom
right.
Of course that "little triangle" is about the same size as New York
State
and
Ohio put together....

Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: RE: Transparent things