Prev: Re: "High Resolution" FT Next: Ynot 6 sides? Re: [FT] A bizarre FT idea for the Friday topic

Re: [FT] A bizarre FT idea for the Friday topic

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:20:59 +0000 ()
Subject: Re: [FT] A bizarre FT idea for the Friday topic

> > Well no the first threshold check is practically the same as the
> > normal rules. Unless the rear is hit which may have fewer hull boxes

> > at the start. The real damage comes when a side has no hull boxes
> > left. Every hit results in threshold checks.
>
> I don't think you understood my remark here. Think about the following

> (rather artificial) example:
>
> Assume a target ship with 16 hull boxes, equally distributed. Target
> and shooting ship are stationary, but target can turn. Whenever a side

> gets 3 hits, target turns 90 degrees. First threshold check occurs
after 12
> hits. Under present rules, it happens after 4 hits.
>
> Even if this is an artificial example, I would think that there is
> scope in a normal game for distributing hits over all sides and thus
> delaying threshold checks.

Ah right I see what you mean. Well yes if you do this but it comes down
to the issue of what fire arcs your weapons have. And in some ways
rewards the player who is better at manuvering to limit threshold
checks.

Jeremey Claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: Re: "High Resolution" FT Next: Ynot 6 sides? Re: [FT] A bizarre FT idea for the Friday topic