Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: shermans versus panthers

FMAS

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 14:44:54 -0500
Subject: FMAS

The ongoing discussion of FMAS draft.

Sadly, I didn't note who said this but...:

> the game system currently has _NO_SUPPORT_ for kneeling
> or going prone. That seems like a huge shortage in a skirmish game.

"kneel, 1/2 move; go prone, 1/2 move + 1/2 move to get up", something
like that, and 1 or 2 levels extra cover or conceallment or whatever?

[Tomb] As I pointed out off-list to Allan -- prone and kneeling have a
number of aspects. One is the cover/concealment issue. The other, as you
pointed out, is getting up. Another aspect is effective range. Standing,
doing some tricks with your webgear layout, you can arrange some sort of
limited rest for your rifle but it is quite ad-hoc. Kneeling/sitting,
you
get a more stable platform... but I still don't like that pose unless
I'm
behind something. If someone is going to shoot at me, prone is the best
place to be - it gives me a small target profile and it gives me a good
rest
(the ground) for my weapon and thus increases accuracy and effective
range.
These positions don't just make you a harder target, they make you a
better
shot effectively.

Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: shermans versus panthers