Prev: Re: what happens to buildings was RE: Bunkers in SG2 Next: Re: FT in a Fluid

Re: DS-Bolos

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 23:54:09 -0800
Subject: Re: DS-Bolos

bif smith wrote:
> Has anyone designed a bolo, and how was it sized (probably a oversized
> modular/sectional vehicle, but how big? These bolos are BIG!)

I started working on a Bolo conversion for DS just because I loved the
books so much. I think I figured them around size 86 or so but broken
down into smaller section like a modular vehicle. Each section would
have to be individually targeted. The sections would only have the
systems that were mounted on it. Fro instance one section would only by
track, while another would be the main turret. The tracked section
wouldn't have any sensors (unless specified in construction). For armour
I had some problems. The *bang* chit make the bolo much more frigile
then they were in the books. My thought was to layer armour. A size 86
bolo would have 12 layers of class 7 amour and one of class 2 at the
bottom. You could make it more frigile by picking a max armour for it.
Each time you got a *bang* chit that layer of armour would by crossed
off.

> How would anyone represent the hellbore main gun? The closest example
> could think of is a DFFG (but larger than a DFFG/5) with the range of
> laser (after all, they could hit anything upto close orbit). And how
would
> you represent ground to orbit fire in FT using one of these?

I figured on a DFFG with a HEL range. I think I figured a Mk XXIII Bolo
would have something like a class 25 DFFG.

Prev: Re: what happens to buildings was RE: Bunkers in SG2 Next: Re: FT in a Fluid