Prev: FMA Skirmish Questions Next: Re: strike the colors rule

Re: strike the colors rule

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 21:08:20 EST
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:55:06 -0500 "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@QUIXNET.NET>
writes:
>> So NAC, FSE, NSL, LLAR, RH, OU and amazingly NI prisoners
>> are in with a chance, but it's bad news if you were aboard an
>> ESU vessel. Do we know anything about the prevaling faiths
>> in the PAU and the IC, or are the "Levantine" blocs the only ones
>> where religion is a factor?
>
>PAU countries today are a mix of Muslim, Christian, animist/pagan, and
>syncretic mixes of the above.
>Indonesian Commonwealth is Muslim--IIRC, it's the largest Muslim
>population
>in the world.

Bingo!	And religion is the label given for fights that frequently are
property, wealth or privilege based.

>> Was the Koran written before or partially after the Shia schism?
>> The Islamic penalty for apostasy (denying one's faith) can be
>> death, but it would be illuminating to know the orthodox view on
>> heresy.

In peace time most try to stress the commonalities but in war time it's
easy (for everybody I might note) to find things to demonize the enemy.

>al Quran was written by the Prophet (dictated to him by either an
>angel or a
>demon--he wasn't sure at first--that's always bothered me). Therefore
>before
>the schism.

True, the schism was based on WHO succeeded the Prophet, not theology
(initially.)

>However, history has, every once in a while, recorded a few aberrant
>individuals whose action in the name of a religion are totally
>contrary to
>the precepts of the religion.	Shocking, I know.

Like the sack of Jerusalem in the First Crusade?  (Thought it only right
a Christian should bring it up first... it was certainly an excess of
misguided zeal (although more revenge and greed in some writings.)

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines!
Starguard, Dirtside 2, Full Thrust, Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar
Conflicts and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: FMA Skirmish Questions Next: Re: strike the colors rule