Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: Re: mobility in DS2

Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3)

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 15:40:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3)

Peter Mancini wrote:

> That is a beautiful concept.	I am reminded that in the later shows
they had
> banks of teeps on duty.  Let me make it even more Genre based.  In B5
the
> teeps all had a P level.  PsiCorp said this went from 1-10. 1 being
Deja Vu
> like ability and 10 being Bester.

Aaaaactually, PsiCorps rated teeps up to 12. :-)  Bester was one of the
top end 12s (with some rumor that he may have been slightly stronger; I
*think*, iirc the books correctly, there was a Director of PsiCorps who
was a 13). Lyta Alexander was much, much, MUCH stronger after the
Vorlons
got done with her (but that's neither here nor there).

>It is a logrithmic scale with the
> majority of teeps being 1's, with the rest rapidly decending in number
until
> you get to a handful of 10's.  The of course their is John Ironheart
who is
> a P20 (X-Men level).

I don't recall Jason I. getting an official rating, but then again,
neither did our Lyta.  :-)  Whichever, he was a 'superman' in the teep
world.

> So, here is a quickly cobbled together table.  Rank your Teep bank at
> particular P-Lvl.  Each teep gets 1 die.  Each Range Band (RB) is 6mu.
 So a
> P-10 can reach out 60mu.  Your typical P5 can reach out 30mu.
>
> P-lvl  Dice/RB      % of Population  Cost (no mass)
> -----  -----------  ---------------  --------------
> 1	 1/1	      34%		  2
> 2	 1/2	      17%		  3
> 3	 1/3	      11%		  7
> 4	 2/4	       9%		 15
> 5	 2/5	       7%		 36
> 6	 2/6	       6%		 91
> 7	 3/7	       5%		182
> 8	 3/8	       4%		365
> 9	 3/9	       4% (rnd) 	729
> 10	 4/10	       3%	       1458
> 20	 5/20	      Unique	      Unique
>
> This makes up through P5 reasonable.	As for the rediculous cost of
the
> higher leves, consider this, after P6 I altered the formula which
other wise
> would have tripled the cost of the P10.  The cost reflects the rarity
of the
> teep and not any actual money, per say.  Basically they are a hard
resource
> to come by.  You could also use a deck of cards and the decent p5 and
> above's are face cards.  After you paid a basic price you then draw
from the
> deck.  if you end up with a non face card you have a P1-4 depending on
the
> card.
>
> Better yet, forget points, these guys are genre gimics and should only
> appear in scenarios.
>
> Each die produces the following effects
>
> 1-3: "I'm picking up an offer from 1-800-mypsychic...",  No Effect
> 4: Slow main drive by 1
> 5: Slow main drive by 1/2 disable 1 weapon (defenders choice)
> 6: Shadow main drive fully disabled, all weapons fully disabled this
turn.

> Anyway that is off the top of my head.

That's how brainstorming works! :-)

Now, how do the Shadows deal with this? Note it is obtusely implied
in the show that the early Shadow vessels do not have teeps aboard,
whereas later in the series there were supposed to be teeps (as being
supplied by PsiCorps - let alone knows who else!) commanding these
things.

Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: Re: mobility in DS2