Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3) Next: mobility in DS2

Re: re-FT, wave guns & needle beams

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 14:30:32 -0500
Subject: Re: re-FT, wave guns & needle beams

Charles Stanley Taylor wrote:

> Well, I guess because the Shadow's 'hyperspace phase in/out' _looks_
> like a cloaking effect :-)
>
> If you want to add game effects for this, I'd give the Shadows an
> 'advanced FTL drive' that allows more accurate positioning when
FTL-ing
> into battle, but without the damaging effects of a normal B5 jump
point.
> They _may_ be allowed to FTL out of battle to escape without any of
the
> normal complications.

Agreed.

Also, given "The Long Twilight Stuggle", the Shadows, and other Advanced
Races, should have access to an FTL destabilizer ('course this is
another
"over the top" weapon as it successfully crushes the ship entering the
jump point if it hits)

> 'In the Beginning' established that the Mimbari could be pretty
accurate
> when dropping out of hyperspace as well, and as they used a 'standard'
> jump point, the effects could be pretty devastating.

Aye, I agree. Pinpoint FTL transitions rule.  :-)

Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3) Next: mobility in DS2