Prev: Re: [FT] Starfire Bug designs Next: [FT][GZG ECC] CanAm announcement

RE: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3)

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:19:23 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3)

***
I think I remember somewhere in a EFSB conversion for Shadows (or maybe
it
was B5 Wars)that they used the Heavy Beam weapon mechanic but with a
massive
charge, and you could fire that one beam at multiple targets, but it
cost
you 1 die of damage to skip from the 1st to 2nd target, 2 dice from the
2nd
to 3rd, etc.  Those dice are then lost as they represent the beams
continuous fire between the targets.  All targets must be in the same
arc.
***

THAT'S more like the Shadow beam I'd envision!

I'd probably try a relatively small damage, but rolls on threshold,
including core, as the beam would cut ships; they gave relatively
localized
damage, but right through.

I'm not saying it'd be easy to balance, but these boys are BAD.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad

Prev: Re: [FT] Starfire Bug designs Next: [FT][GZG ECC] CanAm announcement