Prev: Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, Next: Re: OT Re: What are some these co-operative games?

Re: strike the colors rule

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 20:29:29 -0800
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

> > In a recent battle, my Islamic Fed forces isolated and crippled an
> > enemy capital ship (damage included FTL drive, of course).	I
issued a
> > surrender demand and added that if the enemy attempted to abandon
ship
> > and scuttle, we would fire on lifeboats.  NAC or others might not
be
> > able to use that approach, but it worked for me.
>
> I am surprised that anyone would fire on a lifeboat, as that is
considered
> an atrocity.
> In WWI, the germans actually tried to recover survivors until
> circumstances made that too dangerous for the U-boats.  In WWII, no
U-boat
> attempted to recover survivors because there was nowhere to put
them.  I
> doubt the crews would fire on a lifeboat

My opponent surrendered that ship, plus another one that I would have
let go.   Would I have given the order to fire if he'd scuttled and
bailed out anyway?  Maybe so, maybe not.  As it happens, the threat

Prev: Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, Next: Re: OT Re: What are some these co-operative games?