Prev: RE: [FT] Starfire Bug designs Next: Re: What are some these co-operative games?

Re: strike the colors rule

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 20:34:00 EST
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

On Thu, 04 Jan 2001 20:04:10 -0500 Richard Bell <rlbell@sympatico.ca>
writes:

>Laserlight wrote:
>
>> In a recent battle, my Islamic Fed forces isolated and crippled an
>> enemy capital ship (damage included FTL drive, of course).  I issued
>> surrender demand and added that if the enemy attempted to abandon
>ship
>> and scuttle, we would fire on lifeboats.  NAC or others might not be
>> able to use that approach, but it worked for me.
>
>I am surprised that anyone would fire on a lifeboat, as that is
>considered
>an atrocity.
>In WWI, the germans actually tried to recover survivors until
>circumstances made that too dangerous for the U-boats.  In WWII, no
>U-boat
>attempted to recover survivors because there was nowhere to put them.
>doubt the crews would fire on a lifeboat, for the simple reason that
>they
>may be on the other end of the stick some day; unless, none of the IF
>ships have lifeboats and anyone who has ever abandoned ship has been
>executed for cowardice, along with every fighter pilot that failed a
>morale check.

IIRC, under ideal situations and my memory of certain Qur'an statements,
killing (prisoners consisting of)  "People of the Book" (Jews and
Christians) before offering them a CHANCE AT CONVERSION IS FROWNED
UPON...  Heathens don't count of course.  <grin>  Always honored?  Of
course not but...

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines!
Starguard, Dirtside 2, Full Thrust, Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar
Conflicts and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: RE: [FT] Starfire Bug designs Next: Re: What are some these co-operative games?