Prev: Re: What are some these co-operative games? Next: re: [DS2} Basing infantry

Re: [SG2] Questions

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:12:48 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG2] Questions

FAIVRE Renaud TPC-SRD wrote:

> Regroupement
> Does it possible for two whole units to regroup in one single unit ?
(If you
> have one unit of 5 men with leadership 1 and another unit of 5 men and
> leadership 3 you make a unit of 10 men and leadership 1.  It's too
easy !! )

I don't have my rulebook to hand, so I'm not sure if this situation is
handled as an in-game action. However, I do remember that the campaign
rules deal with the issues of adding FNGs to an understrength unit and
how to determine the unit's new quality value.

If combining two units during a game, you could work out the new quality
by averaging that of the two squads, weighted by the number of survivors
in each squad. For example, if combining a unit of 3 above average
troops (d10) with 5 below average troops (d6) the quality of the
combined unit would be ((3 * d10) + (5 * d6)) / (3 + 5) = 7.5, or d8.

As for selecting the leader of the combined unit, here's a few ideas :

The leader would be the more senior of the two squad leaders (not
necessarily the most competent). For example, if combining the platoon
command squad (led by a green lieutenant straight out of the Academy,
leader-3) with the remains of the platoon sergeant's squad (grizzled
veteran, leader-1) the platoon commander would hold sway even though the
platoon sergeant is the better leader.

If combining two equal status squads (ie the other two squads in this
platoon) the likelihood is that the more competent leader of the two
would take over.

If squad A has lost its leader and is currently being led by the 2-IC,
if it combines with squad B whose leader is still alive then the leader
of the combined group would be that of squad B.

If squad C (leader-1) and squad D (leader-2) combine, squad C's leader
would take over. However, if he buys the farm then the natural successor
would be squad D's leader who would automatically take command without
recourse to the process for selecting a replacement squad leader
outlined in the rulebook.

Tony
Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: What are some these co-operative games? Next: re: [DS2} Basing infantry