Prev: Re: A question ? Next: Re: What are some these co-operative games?

Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3)

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 08:30:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3)

>From: "bkb@beol.net" <bkb@beol.net>
>Yes, the Wave Gun (from MT) is a "less over-the-top version of the Nova
>Cannon".
>
>It shorter ranged, narrower area of effect, does less damage, the
damage is
>done all in one turn, and it needs to be charged before it
>is used. The PSB is also quite different.

Hey!  I just thought, why develop a special beam weapon for the
"Shadows"
for B5 when I should probably use this.  The Shadows are over the top so

this fits in.  Where are my rules???

Wave Gun
--------
Only forward arc (90 deg. FT2, 60 deg. FB)
No other weapons fire
Vehicle is unshielded in forward arc
Range 36" (progressive area, 2",3",4" for each 12 inches)
Damage (regressive 4D6,3D6,2D6 for each 12 inches)
No Normal Defense (yes, I used to play Champions a lot...)
Needs to charge, requires 6 points, roll 1D6 for each turn charging and
add
to total.
Mass: 10 Cost:30

FB style Shadow Slice and Dice Beam
-----------------------------------
FS FF FP arcs
Ship only carries this weapon
No restrictions on shielding
Range is same with progressive area (simulating cutting swath)
Same Damage
Same NND
Available on odd turns
Mass: 10 Cost: 90 (this weapon has less restrictions and is available on
much more reliable basis though original weapon will fire more times
given a
long enough game.)

Prev: Re: A question ? Next: Re: What are some these co-operative games?