Prev: Re: Bunkers in SG2 (ECC IV) Next: Re: {Q} Efficient Designs

Re: strike the colors rule

From: "Robert W. Hofrichter" <RobHofrich@p...>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 21:25:08 -0500
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

Continuing this a little further--an extreme example:

A German cruiser during Jutland (can't remember the name) was basically
knocked out of action (severely reduced speed, most weapons not
functioning)
but even though it was passed (and shot at) by just about every Brit
ship,
it continued to fire when it could--and even ended up sinking a Brit
vessel
via torpedo--until it finally sank the next day.  Or something like
that--read about the incident in a 1980 book called "Cruisers."

Either a perfect example of a vessel making all its morale rolls or a
good
example of why not to use morale rules for "modern naval" combat.  I
prefer
the latter (and to write victory conditions that force players to behave
wisely with regards to losses).

Rob