Prev: {Q} Efficient Designs Next: Re: {Q} Efficient Designs

Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

From: "Nathan" <Nathan_at_Spring_Grove_UK@e...>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:12:21 -0000
Subject: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

-----Original Message----- lost in the mists

>Do you play in cm's, have a large table,
>or use the floor

I've done an impromptu scale-down of a game when
forces were about to fly off the table and we were
close to getting a scenario result.

1. Mark a central point
2. Move all objects halfway to the point
3. Halve all speeds, ranges, etc
4. Halve the effect of thrusts (but not for turning!)

This worked well, but because it was toward the
end of the game there were fewer units remaining
on the table and the physical separation made
half-size MUs less of a problem than they would
otherwise be.

The method wouldn't work if any object had a
size rather than just being a single point.

Vector players note that the choice of a factor of
two is purely arbitrary, and that there are lost of
other ways of changing your frame of reference
so that all objects stay on the table. (I assume
all of these variations have been discussed in
the past?)

Nathan

Prev: {Q} Efficient Designs Next: Re: {Q} Efficient Designs