Prev: Re: [FT] Defending with SMLs Next: Re: [FT] Defending with SMLs

Re: [FT] Defending with SMLs

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 14:52:50 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Defending with SMLs

***
Debris fields can occur artificially if a ship sustaines too much
damage,
but that's worth another question to the list ...
***

I had both rock and ship-damage fields in mind, but figured one or the
other was 'remembered' from another game. At my age, you assume
hallucinations. ;->=

I WAS thinking that the ship-damage fields were strictly if a ship was
destroyed, but I'm heading out of the shop (old dinosaur, big iron
mainframe, not store-front ;->= ) shortly, and can look up at home.

Again, a spanking not an execution as in the case of the asteroids.

I did just recall that part of the 'slow going' equation is, of course,
while the NSL, running slow, make GOOD SM targets, FSE lose a lot of
their
high-thrust advantage. As I said, tricky balance.

However, we'll be darn interested in the AAR, of course!

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: [FT] Defending with SMLs Next: Re: [FT] Defending with SMLs