Prev: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited! Next: Re: Xmas presents

Re: [FT] Terrain

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:34:52 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Terrain

From: <johncrim@voicenet.com>

> How much scenery do you folks put on your FT boards?	And what kind?
Does it have any
> effect upon the game, or is it just there to look good?

Mostly, a star cloth and that's it.
  Most planetoids aren't big enough (in 1mu = 1000km scale) to be
worth bothering with and I can't see anyone running into one in
reality (unless your drives are completely shot away--but if your
drives are dead in Islamic Fed space, planetoids are not going to be
one of your main concerns).  Most other terrain (nebulae, cool red
supergiant surface, etc) is too big to worry with in tactical scale.
Planets are about the only thing I would do.

Prev: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited! Next: Re: Xmas presents