Prev: Re: Can a FT only Fleet be viable? Next: [FT] Terrain

[SG] Help

From: FAIVRE Renaud TPC-SRD <renaud.faivre@f...>
Date: 26 Dec 2000 15:14:10 +0100
Subject: [SG] Help

Hello !!

I'm a new french player of StarGrunt II. I'm just finish to read the
rules and
i have few questions :

* A squad in soft cover want to move to another cover at 5''. Betwen the
two
cover it's open and there is an ennemy squad in line of sight.
The squad can use normal move (6'') or it MUST use combat move (1D6 x 2)

because of the possible fire it can receive ?

* Does it exist a list of armies with cost point ? (e.g. : Squad of 6
mens,
with one support weapon : 20 Cost Point, ...)

Thank You !!

Méduse
From - Wed Jan 03 11:04:58 2001
From: "Nathan" <Nathan_at_Spring_Grove_UK@email.msn.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [FT] Terrain
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:40:04 -0000
Sender: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

From: johncrim@voicenet.com
Date: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 03:20
Subject: [FT] Terrain

> How much scenery do you folks put on your FT boards?
> And what kind?  Does it have any effect upon the game,
> or is it just there to look good?

We still use good old expanded-polystyrene rocks, with
the FT2 Asteroid rules (pg25) implemented in full.

We once used nuclear rocket stages from GW's
Apocalypse boardgame to act as mines, but FT mines
(pg18) are a bit toothless and not received with
enthusiasm even when I hand them out for free.

I've also run large scenario games with templates made
up from A1-sized sheets of coloured paper to indicate
areas that can be flown through at some hazard. I can't
recollect the exact rules I used but they were basically
adaptions of the Nebulae and Battle Debris rules from
MT pg 9, the idea being to impose some sort of "speed
limit" around the big rocks and so reduce casualties due
to poor navigation amongst the novice players.

You can use a concealed asteroid base large enough to
hide an SDN once to spice a game up, but two years
later I still can't get my regular crew to go near an asteroid
without a certain degree of trepidation...

I've also played scenarios where the asteroids exploded
if hit too many times, and others where an invisible but
nonetheless sharply-defined diplomatic line divided the
board; needless to say side A could cross this at will,
but side B forfeited the game if their ships did the same.

Nathan

Prev: Re: Can a FT only Fleet be viable? Next: [FT] Terrain