Prev: Re: [SG] Vehicle design Next: RE: GeoHex Page?

RE: [SG] Vehicle design

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 06:35:36 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG] Vehicle design

-----End Original Message----

>From DS2 p12:

Artillery comes in the following classes:
Class	 Weight     Examples
  2	 Light	    RAM Mortar
  4	 Medium     RAM Guns, Howitzers, smaller MRLs
  6*	 Heavy	    MD Guns, large MRLs, HARs
* DS2 notes that this is an exception to the normal 1-5 range.
  Also if you use the suggested rule that a vehicle may carry
  a weapon no more than 1 size larger than the vehicle's size,
  only a size 5 vehicle may carry Heavy Artillery. If you do
  not use this rule, it could fit in a class-4 vehicle, but
  not much else would fit. (Capacity for a vehicle is 5x size).

Capacity for artillery is x3 class, in a limited traverse
turret*, weapons. This size includes enough storage for 3
actions of artillery fire (DS2 p40).
* Only listed option.

Glossary:
RAM   Rocket Assisted Mortar
MRL   Multiple Rocket Launcher
HAR   Heavy Artillery Rocket
MD    Mass Driver (In this case the shell is still explosive,
      but the weapon fires an exceptional number of smaller
      shells via magnetic or gravimetric means).

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@Beol.net
-----

Prev: Re: [SG] Vehicle design Next: RE: GeoHex Page?