Prev: RE: [FT] SML-AF Was Re: More weapon... Next: RE: Starfire, was Re: More weapon concept questions

RE: Noble Armada

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:36:21 -0600
Subject: RE: Noble Armada

> I have looked at the web page but that did not give a view of the
minis
> included in the base box just the expansion one (which looked ok and
> around LC to BB scale)

I had scanned in the plastic minis included in the boxed set for Tom's
Spaceship Games and Minis page since this isn't the first time I've seen
this question:
http://zappa.brainiac.com/spaceship/noble-armada-minis.html

I actually like the metal minis they put out though they do have a bit
more
flash than I'd like.  They are scuplted and cast by AOG and the
Dreadnoughts
have no bottom detail but otherwise I will have a fleet of Decados ships
painted someday.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com
From - Fri Dec 22 22:00:09 2000
From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk>
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: RE: New Wargame Website (chance to be a critic)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:46:57 +0000 ()
Sender: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

> While I think Beth's comment is true, it would also change the feel of
the
> game and make all conflicts with the aliens a "Get the Queen"
scenario.
> Perhaps introduce an "Alpha Queen" for the planet or space region.
> Loosing a "sub-Queen" would cause a 1 level loss in confidence", but
> if you get the Alpha Queen, it would drop by 3 (Alpha Queen is almost
> NEVER represented on the board, just as you would not represent
> the commander of all NAC forces on the board)?

Well if you consider that the mother alien produces all other units,
then the size of the mother alien that produces other mother aliens.....

So your right in that it is unlikely that the head of the species would
be
present on the battlefield. There would certainly be a hierarchy which
could
be put into the rules.

> If you give the aliens ECM, you could also give them distance
> communications (natural radio emiters?) without telepathy.

Yeah but I was worried that they would then be too much like
convertional force
s.
This is the trouble with making alien rules. I didn't want to just have
a renam
ing
exercise for existing systems, sometimes to have to be illogical to make
it wel
alien.

Jeremey Claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: RE: [FT] SML-AF Was Re: More weapon... Next: RE: Starfire, was Re: More weapon concept questions