Prev: Re: [FT] Alternate Core Systems Next: Re: [FT] Orbits/Defsats, Planetary defense.

Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 14:12:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range

Vector salvo missiles--Oerjan sighed:
> > <sigh> This only about the fifth time I've seen this one suggestion
> > come up in this thread, and it is just as disastrous for game
balance
> > now as it was on the previous occasions.

Oerjan, you're saying this is a problem if we have accumulated vectors
added
to missiles while *playing in cinematic*, is that right?

 I don't expect it would be a problem in Vector because you can't alter
your
course as dramatically as in cinematic.  If you launch from 160 mu away
and
your missiles have an added vector enough to hit enemy ships, your
missile
boats will also be arriving in the same vicinity as his ships.	The
missiles
attack before the enemy gets to shoot, of course, but you can arrange
that
under the current system.  And if you use sensors rules, banzai jammers
etc,
that should solve the problem.

Either way, it's weird to fire a missile and have it end up behind you.

  What seems odd is that, while pursuing, you can launch missiles that
not
only can't catch your target, but also end up behind the launcher.

Prev: Re: [FT] Alternate Core Systems Next: Re: [FT] Orbits/Defsats, Planetary defense.