Prev: Re: Sci-Fi Crossover after action report Next: Re: [FT] Vacuum-Head Help Required!

Re: [FT] Vacuum-Head Help Required!

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:31:27 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Vacuum-Head Help Required!

Shooting from the hip...

I believe geosynch indicates a 'stationary relative to a spot on the
surface' orbit. This is possible, as far as I know, only at one
altitude,
dependent on the mass, diameter, and rotational speed of the planet in
question. Also, it would have to be in the 'perpendicular to the
rotational
axis' plane to match the spot, which would have to be on the equator.
Precession ignored.

The rest of the items, I'll have to cogitate.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: Sci-Fi Crossover after action report Next: Re: [FT] Vacuum-Head Help Required!