Prev: RE: Wombat Rampage (was something else altogether). Next: Re: Building 'unusual' starships

RE: 1st CanAm

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:44:02 -0500
Subject: RE: 1st CanAm

How about each Ship roll an initiative die (d6/2 round up).
The inititive indicates what phase the ship will fire in (1-3).
If you wish, you could weight this 1d6 all 6's fire in the
1st phase; all 1's fire in the 3rd phase; all other fire in
the 2nd phase.
All damage within a phase is simultaneous.
This prevents a player from making his largest ship the
one that always gets initiative

You could augment this by giving each player a number
of initiative counters. Each player could turn in an inititive
counter to allow a ship to fire 1 phase earlier (phase 1 ships
cannot be shifted). You could also give the Admiral of
each side an extra number of initiative counters to pass
down to his captains. I would suggest providing no more
than 3 initiative counters to each player and 1 per player
extra to the admiral.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net