Prev: RE: [ds2, sg2] robotic aliens... [x-post] Next: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:01:09 -0600
Subject: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

***
I seem to recall a system by which automated machinery is given a
flowchart 'program' to follow depending on its function.  This would
severely restrict the actions available to an 'automated' tank.  But it
would make for silly situations - a 'feature' of your flowchart causes
it
to fire at an enemy that is out of range, whilst a 2 man team pops the
top
with an anti-tank weapon. :)

If I remember correctly it actually got printed in a 'White Dwarf' some
time ago.
***

A chit-based flowcharting system for their robots; the commands were
relatively flexible, but simple, and the robot had to return to the
adeptus
to be 'reprogrammed'. This in a system that had remote-controlled guns.
*shrug*

Games on my old Atari 800 had better AI.

Alas, it made a weird sense for the gothic space/sci-fi, where ritual
and
runes made more difference than rational science. If you like that sort
of
thing, and I did, it's sadly missing from the current GW materials, and
definitely out of place with Jon's generic systems.

The rule structure I would suggest not do away with squad coherence and
morale, but have them different for different beings. Unfortunately, I
only
have a vague sense of how they'd be so different.

Thanks for reminding me of that old system, though.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: RE: [ds2, sg2] robotic aliens... [x-post] Next: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page