Prev: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page Next: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 20:58:35 -0800
Subject: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

Beth said:
> If there's no change, but you feel obliged to pay more for AI then
I'd

Beast said:
> Instead of a point cost, can you think of a different mechanic to
make the
> tanks FEEL non-human? Some inflexibility of action, or spoofing by
novel
> situations? Dependency on central control? EMP-vulnerability is a
little
> oversold, and a relatively good reason for NO AI.

I don't want to tinker with DS2 to any great extent--I have enough of
a challenge to calculate the results of tinkering in FT.  But I'd say
the freedom from morale effects would be something.  Aside from
that--a) they'll be run by a (more-or-less) human player; and b) I'd
claim the AI is created on neural nets and designed by humans, so
it'll behave in a reasonably human way.

Prev: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page Next: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat