Prev: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page Next: Re: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi..

Re: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi..

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:55:48 -0800
Subject: Re: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi..

From: chubbybob <bob@retemail.es>

Welcome, Bob, to The Universe The Way It Should Be.

> The only cloud on the horizon is the fact that even after
> 30 years my long suffering wife has never discovered the joys of
"playing
> toy soldiers" so, sadly, I don't have a regular opponent under lock
and
> key...

Implying that your wife _is_ under lock & key? :-)

> history)!! I discovered the list some 3 days ago and am tortuously
working
> my way through 6 years of list archives.. can someone please help me
out
and
> point me to a computer assist for vehicle designers for dirtside..(the
more
> the merrier..)

I'm reasonably sure there is one available on one of the Web Ring pages,
which you can get to from somewhere like Jerry's page:
http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/index.shtml

> BTW I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the level of
discussion
> evident in the archives.. congratulations ..

Yep, this is one of those rare places where the people who are talking
quite
often have a good idea what they're talking about.  Several people in
military service, several astronomers, a couple of people who design
military equipment.  Plus a couple of people who, like me, try to sound
convincing...

I have found very few lists
> with such depth of both interest and quality of discussion.. The sort
of
> people who play a set of rules say a lot about the rules themselves..
If
the
> archives are anything to go by I have at last struck paydirt with
GZG...
>	     Thanks all for any forthcoming assistance..

Sure.  You'd mentioned solo gaming.  Full Thrust can be played PBeM
fairly
easily. I'd expect that you could manage DS2.	Create a map and post it
a web page as a graphic, then give orders by map coordinates.  Might
have to
make some adjustments--say simultaneous movement instead of alternating
activations--but it should be manageable.  In fact, if you'd like to try
it--and bearing in mind that you probably have more experience at
playing
DS2 than I do (you've played it more than once, right?), let me know
offlist
laserlight@quixnet.net .

Prev: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page Next: Re: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi..