Prev: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse Next: Re: Recoilless Rifle vs. IAVR vs. GMS

[HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:50:28 -0500
Subject: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse

1) I agree with with Beth! That's why I started out suggesting anyone
could
fight anyone. But certain matchups have been suggested by history and
others
by geography.

2) Thanks for the IF contribution Chris. I put the FSE as enemies of the
IF
because I figured combining the sporadic French concept of manifest
destiny/empire, the history of france in its colonial powers, and the
IF's
strong Muslim aspect, they'd be at best neutral (or more likely they'd
squabble some times, have open fights others, and sometimes work
together).
Enemy is perhaps too strong a word.

3) Undoubtedly the ESU is probably the easiest target (though the IF can
probably be goaded rather easily too). The FSE and the NAC are probably
great manipulators... that fits well with history, although both can get
lost in their own scheming. But the ESU probably have a bit of a need
for an
"external enemy" and for territorial expansion so there is probably a
constant push to aggressively expand.

4) I suspect that the NAC, FSE, NSL and ESU being the big-boys on the
block
in space have probably trod rather unattentively on just about every
other
smaller power at one point or another. There are no white hats. Just
lots of
sort of grey ones. :)

I was just working out this list so I could put together semi-logical
battles/campaigns and so I could order more figs to provide appropriate
enemy forces.

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

Prev: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse Next: Re: Recoilless Rifle vs. IAVR vs. GMS