Prev: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse Next: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse

Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 18:56:54 -0600
Subject: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse

***
You're probably right, but I think its probably a bit more fluid then
hard
"forever" allies/enemies
***

I know I certainly took Tom's comments that way; more so with the
smaller
entities 'pandering' to one or another major depending how the winds go.

Course, I've taken the line which I believe is in the source that even
the
majors have had falling outs on occasion.

The FSE officials ended up apologizing all over themselves for the
destruction of a Komarov by the SM's of a few HC's and CL's during a
colony
placement dispute, but FSE officers smirk to this day. However, that's a
story for another day.

As far as the ESU being the big bad boys, though, I've taken more the
tack
that, even though many on the list have stated the ESU's ships being as
good a balance as any major, that they are politically inept at best,
and
find themselves a relatively easy target.

The FSE and NAC were always the grand manipulators, though mostly behind
the scenes, in my universe view.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse Next: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse