Prev: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse Next: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse

Re: [FT] SML magazines

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:17:56 +1100
Subject: Re: [FT] SML magazines

G'day,

 >a. Roll for magzaine only; if damaged,
 >all missiles in the magazine are lost
 >b. Roll for magazine only; if damaged,
 >magazine must be repaired, then
 >each missile must be repaired
 >c. Roll threshold for magazine and
 >each missile.  Once magazine is
 >repaired, any undamaged missiles are available.
 >d. Roll threshold for magazine; if
 >damaged, the magazine itself need not
 >be repaired but each missile must be repaired to be usable.

Unless I've misinterpreted I think you've missed an option. We roll for
the
magazine on a threshold check (rolling for individual missiles just
seemed
to add to many rolls to what can be a long process in big games). If the

magazine is repaired then you get all the unused missiles back no
question.
In this particular case we were more concerned with speed of play than
anything else (seeings how SML intensive my fleet usually ends up). As
far
as we've found it's fast and doesn't seem to cause any imbalance. We did

toy with if you roll a 1 on the threshold check the magazine blew.... as

you may have guessed we stopped doing that when it became obvious that
the
French fleet was never ever going to survive its terrible run of tragic
magazine breeches at the hands of Admiral Fulton ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse Next: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse