Prev: FT FAQ Next: Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close

Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close Assault

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:01:51 -0600
Subject: Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close Assault

***
Out of curiosity, what would be an example of comperable non-arbitrary
stats?
***

Not trying to answer for Allan, but...

I don't have an example game set handy, but to compare with the obvious
work done on the weapons and damage tables Phoenix Command, you'd have
start with results from boot camp marksmanship scores from various
armies,
and try to corrolate with battlefield reports of real combat.

Not that I'd suggest anyone has done so, or even that I'm offering to
do. ;
->=

Like grin, given that Phoenix Command was extended to extreme sci-fi, no
such statistics are available there.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: FT FAQ Next: Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close