Prev: Re: [SG2] close assault Next: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Preregistration - Dec 1st.

Re: [SG2] close assault

From: "shogakusha" <shogakusha@g...>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 12:31:34 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG2] close assault

> >More to the point, it has meant that a more effective tactic than
close
> >assault is moving to about 2" away and firing a volley instead of
close
> >assaulting.
>
> Which, in modern combat, is actually the case. Modern combat does not
stress
> hand-to-hand combat.

But, more to the point, SG2 does not stress hand to hand combat, it
stresses
close assaults. There is a difference. Close assaults are not the hand
hand combat of games workshop fame, they represent point blank gunfire
exchanges, grenades, etc. as well as actual physical combat. I have to
say
that I would not play with an opponent who wanted to move as close as
possible to my squads and then fire normally rather than close
assaulting,
as that is the kind of situation that close assaults are supposed to
handle.

shogakusha

Prev: Re: [SG2] close assault Next: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Preregistration - Dec 1st.