Prev: Re: FW: NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE] (fwd) Next: Re: Thoughts on Veldtgrunt-- SG2 Zulu Wars

Re: [SG2] close assault query

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:04:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] close assault query

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:37:07 -0500, "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@bitheads.com>
wrote:

>However, the other night, a squad in the open was CA'd by another
squad. The
>defending squad had no position to defend, so they wanted to beat feet.
>Several questions came up.

The first time I played SG2 (at a convention) the house rule/ruling that
they
used allowed for units to voluntarily retreat in certain circumstances.
One of
those circumstances was in response to a charge into close assault.

I like keeping the rules as close to written as possible, and to keep
them as
simple as possible. Therefore, I'd let the unit retreat but treat it
exactly
as though it had failed the Reaction Test to stick around. That is, they
can
retreat their base move or 6" AND they lose a Confidence Level. As
implied by
the rules, they can do this even if suppressed.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: FW: NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE] (fwd) Next: Re: Thoughts on Veldtgrunt-- SG2 Zulu Wars