Prev: FTPBeM Alpha 2 Next: RE: [Fwd: FW: NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE] (fwd)

RE: Governments in the Tuffleyverse

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 06:55:31 -0500
Subject: RE: Governments in the Tuffleyverse

ITTT (http://www.ftsr.org/gzg/ittt.html) has controlling boards on a
corporate, system, planetary, and smaller scales (right down to village
controlling boards). The members of the controlling boards are voted
into
office by the stockholding residents of the area they control. One share
of
stock provides one vote. Every citizen of ITTT is provided one share of
stock at birth and may earn more through providing good service to ITTT
(bonus stock and stock options are common incentives). Stock may be
inherited, but becomes non-voting stock (at all but corporate level),
when
it changes hands. A "Vote of No Confidence" may be called at any time by
any
group representing a number of shares equal to 20% of the number of
shares
that appointed a member of the controlling board. A "Call of Repeal" may
be
called at any time using the same rules to try to remove offending
leglislation or corporate policy. A Vote of No Confidence or Call of
Repeal
force a vote of all shareholders of the region. Success removes the
board
member, legislation, or offending policy.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org
-----

[snip]

> To put this even marginally on topic, what IS the status of the colony
> worlds in Tuffleyverse? Has anyone worked out the government systems
of
> the colonies and the home worlds? Are they all some form of
> democracy/republic/constitutional monarchy? Or are there any really
weird
> governments out there.
>
> I think this could make for some interesting scenarios, and could even
> fuel a few civil wars. Maybe I should start painting my FSE fleet
> different colours...
>
> Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com
[snip]

Prev: FTPBeM Alpha 2 Next: RE: [Fwd: FW: NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE] (fwd)