Prev: [FT] AgamemCon 5 Next: Re: Rackham, not AA? Re: [SG] How about this?

Re: Inhumane Weapons

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:54:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Inhumane Weapons

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Frits Kuijlman wrote:

> Bell, Brian K wrote:
>
> > Inhumane Weapons:
> > [def.] Any weapon employed by a Kra'Vak, Sa'Vasku, Phalon, or any
other
> > non-human species.
>
> Even better. Inhumane is anything that can cause you to be convicted
of crime
> against humanity. In other words, any weapon you use against
non-humans is by
> definition not inhumane:-)

This reminds me of the Pope's attempt at arms control in the late middle
ages: the crossbow was so terrible a weapon that it was no longer to be
used by Christians - when they were fighting other Christians.

Against infidels, Arabs, pagans, and similar, it was prefectly
acceptable
to use a crossbow.

Like most arms control attempts, this one fell through...

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -