Prev: Hmmmmm what does this means! Next: Sv: Hmmmmm what does this means!

Re: Hmmmmm what does this means!

From: "Robert W. Eldridge" <bob_eldridge@m...>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 10:59:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Hmmmmm what does this means!

ILLUM - an illumination shell. Instead of an explosive payload dispenses
one or more illuminating flares.
LAW - Light Antiarmor Weapon: A lightweight, single-shot, disposable
armor-piercing weapon. An individual weapon issued to foot soldiers in
quantity. Examples are the US M72 series or the German WWII Panzerfaust.
IIRC - If I Recall Correctly
SA - Could be either Semiautomatic or Squad Automatic depending on
context.
IAVR - Infantry Antivehicle Rocket. This is the SG2/DS2 term for a LAW.
GPMG - General Purpose Machine Gun. A machine gun that can be used in
both the light (bipod mounted, squad/platoon automatic) and sustained
fire (tripod mounted) roles.  Some well-known examples is the German
MG42 from WWII, the US M60, and the Belgian (FN) MAG.

Sorry, but I don't remember the reference for HKP/4
  can anyone please explain what all this means?? I forgot my enigma
machine at home :-):

  ILLUM
  LAW
  IIRC
  SA
  HKP/4
  IAVR
  GPMG

  thanx :-)

  Claus Paludan

  E-mail [privat] : cpaludan@worldonline.dk
  W-site [privat] : http://www.krigsspil.dk
  Tlf.nr. [privat] : +45 36309581
  ICQ Nr [privat] : 15328534 ( http://www.icq.com )

Prev: Hmmmmm what does this means! Next: Sv: Hmmmmm what does this means!