Prev: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams Next: Re: What is the location of the rebel base?

Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:30:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:48:46 +0100, "Oerjan Ohlson"
<oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
wrote:

>FWIW, yes I think the side armour of SGII/DSII vehicles is too strong -
>or, rather, I think that there's not enough of a penalty (in cost etc.)
>to put meter-thick armour on the sides of SGII/DSII vehicles :-/

I haven't bothered to do a statistical analysis, but I never really
minded the
armour in SG2. Yes, side and rear is too strong. Front isn't strong
enough. I
sort of felt (rather than determined by math) that it evened out in the
end.
The player gets to orient his vehicle whichever way he wants. There is
no
penalty for hitting a moving vehicle. The game turn is, what, 3 minutes
long?
All this rolled in, I'm prepared to live with vehicle combat being a
little
abstracted.

>The SGII ground scale (1:400) is smaller than the model scale (which is
>in the 1:100-120 range in my case, 1:60-72-ish for those who use 25mm
>models), but is the difference really large enough to "abstract away"
>turns of 20-30 degrees over the shorter SGII game turns?

Oops. Okay, so you have thought of the abstraction... Any suggestions to
make
it more realistic while keeping it simple?

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams Next: Re: What is the location of the rebel base?