Prev: Re: The Day the Universe Changed... Next: Large Ogre Minis

[Excessively OT] Re: The Day the Universe Changed...

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:19:02 -0600
Subject: [Excessively OT] Re: The Day the Universe Changed...

***
>One World, one Web, *ack* *choke* *gasp* Gates IS not *gasp* of this
world!
>*thud*

Speaking of computer crap...

Anyone else out there heard of the "grid," supposed eventual
successor to the web, allowing shared processing in addition to
shared data.

I just read about it in a science article about CERN.
***

Does Bill own it yet? ;->=

Sorry, Google has a lot of hits for 'grid cern'. I'll have to take a
look.

My university is one of those that poured a lot of time and money into
Internet II. Course, we were fairly early on Bitnet long ago and far
away,
also. *heh heh*

The_Beast

Prev: Re: The Day the Universe Changed... Next: Large Ogre Minis