Prev: re: [DSII]: Anyone SST bug stats for Tankers and Plasmas? Next: [OT] [SG2] Gurkhas

Painting, Airbrush Questions

From: John Fox <jfox@v...>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 07:12:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Painting, Airbrush Questions

Hello Everyone:
  I am thinking about getting an airbrush to do some painting of my
minatures
and I have a couple questions.

  1) What type of paint should one use with the airbrush?
	A laquer type paint, acrylic, water bases, oil based what?
  2) How many coats of the paint does one normaly have to use to
ccompletely
cover a minature?
  3) How narrow (wide) of a area can one paint with one pass?
  4) The paints at the hobby store for models are expensive.  Can I use
something from Home Depot or a hardware store? (related to Q#1)
  5) Is it worth getting an airbrush?

  If some people could help me with these questions (or any I have not
thought
of) I would appreciate it.

  Thanks
  John W. Fox

Prev: re: [DSII]: Anyone SST bug stats for Tankers and Plasmas? Next: [OT] [SG2] Gurkhas