Prev: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering Next: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 12:13:20 EST
Subject: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

>From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
>The question is - which is more expensive and complicated: enough
>"hopping" mines to make an effective barrier, or a bunch of Hornets
>which detect and engage their targets up to some 300 meters away?

Oh sure, PETA(1) is all up in arms because we apparently use dolphins to

find mines and frogmen - using hornets to protect mine fields ought to
really tick them off.

--Peter

(1) PETA AKA People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, not to be
confused
with PETA AKA People Eating Tasty Animals.

Get more from your time online.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

Prev: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering Next: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering