Prev: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering Next: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 16:40:01 -0600
Subject: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

***
The Daleks have taken to using mines laid by ortillery as a means of
slowing their opponents down so I was wondering if this was actually a
plausible way for my opponents to clear the minefields (which means I'll
have to think up another way of slowing them down, drat!).
***

Before the actual weapons experts show, I thought I'd offer a suggestion
towards playability. You can assume the mines are in some sense
'hardened'.
Whatever they use to clear it would have to be plenty powerful, perhaps
even destructive to the terrain.

Claim they will be slowed by the morass of the 'ground' or whathaveyou,
debris/dust-in-the-air, and the like. I'm reminded of barages that were
planned to clear the way for advances, then turned out to chew up dirt
and
slow the troops so badly that the enemy was able to reinforce and
redeploy.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

PS Duck! Incoming!

Prev: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering Next: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering