Prev: Re: Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old game Next: Re: Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old game

Re: Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old game

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 20:08:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old game

On Wed, 01 Nov 2000 10:22:39 EST, "Peter Mancini"
<peter_mancini@msn.com>
wrote:

>However, if someone here does use ebay - pipe up.  What has it been
like?
>Tell us the good and the bad.	Now I am interested, because I have
several
>models I want to sell (mainly the larger scale B5 miniatures as I have
>converted to the Fleet Action scale.)

I've never sold on eBay, always bought. I have had no problems. Well,
okay,
one guy in Virginia didn't realize that you cash a postal money order at
the
post office, not the bank (to be honest, no one at the banks he took it
realized this either). He seemed a bit clueless. He did, though, send
the item
with the returned money order before I had sent him cash back.

Other than that, no problems. I usually only bid from people with a
reasonable
bid history.

One thing that does annoy me are people who won't sell outside the US.
I've
never seen anyone from any other country limit themselves in this way. I
don't
blame the sellers, I blame the US banking system which will often charge
extortionate prices for processing money orders from anywhere other than
a US
bank, regardless of currency. Paypal isn't much better. You'd THINK
Paypal
would be great as it gets around this problem... except that you have to
reside in the US to use Paypal.

That having been said, I have my American sources for stuff. I bid, send
them
the money while they send the money on to the seller. Yes, I have to pay
double postage, but my sources package them as "gifts" and so I miss the
tax
and $5 handling fee at the border.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca