Prev: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods) Next: Re: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)

RE: [FMA] Questions + comments

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:52:45 +1100
Subject: RE: [FMA] Questions + comments

I can answer a few of these.  Mostly it's a case of come up with your
own
ideas, test them and let everyone on the list know.  Your ideas could be
better than everyone elses!

***

Area weapon costings are very tentative.  One thing is that DRLs are
dumbfire weapons (requiring firer skill) whereas missiles have an
internal
guidance system (fire and forget).  Close range would probably be within
the
weapons blast radius (dropping the grenade at your own feet, oops!)

Spread effect: make up a suitable template or rules.  There's nothing
concrete yet, but a 1" increase in area of effect for every 3" of range
is
about right. (ie: at 9", any figure within 1.5" of the primary target is
also attacked).

Radios: the scale of the game doesn't really lend itself to radios.
Because
effective jamming and ECM is available, think WW2 comm ranges.	One guy
in
the squad would have the high powered radio with all the bells and
whistles
to cut through the jamming, while the rest of the squad uses short range
radio/laser communicators that need LOS for effective use.   Also keep
in
mind that the leader needs to know what he's ordering the poor grunt to
do.
"advance forward 10m." "but sir, that's strait over a cliff!".

Deviation:  higher quality might equal higher deviation, but if you
look, it
only deviates if you miss.  At band 5, it only deviates on 1-4, but the
higher quality means more chance of *not* deviating.

You've probably got the right idea regarding woods.  If you come up with
something different, let us know.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu
[DitD] Captain Puppilier