Prev: Re: Re: New Pod armaments Next: [OT-ish] ICE is Dead

Re: Re: New Pod armaments

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:26:27 -0800
Subject: Re: Re: New Pod armaments

>Having looked at the boarding party rules they're far too
>prohibative. I prefer the die roll based
>on beam rolls to see if the pod kills crew.

The problem is one of balance. If a relatively cheap weapon is
assured to dispose of a ship of up to 40 MASS or so, then there's a
problem with the cost of the weapon.

Even a ship with 2 crew has only a 1 in 6 chance of killing the
bugger before it's cast adrift. And potentially worse from a campaign
standpoint, that ship is then "spoils of war."

Schoon

Prev: Re: Re: New Pod armaments Next: [OT-ish] ICE is Dead