Prev: Re: Epicast Next: Re: Stargrunt III? BDS? (long)

Re: Stargrunt III? BDS?

From: "Owen Glover" <oglover@b...>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:18:16 +1000
Subject: Re: Stargrunt III? BDS?

Hi Peter,

Which organisation are you using for the Kra'Vak?

About 18 months ago Robert Deakin; one of our gaming group, came up with
an
orbat for the Kra'Vak that was totally unlike any of the human
approaches. I
can't find a soft copy at the moment; Robert came up with an approach of
Claw, Eye etc for each of the tactical components (see his fiction
Karla's
Kidnap on Jeremy Sadler's webpage).

Within a platoon equivalent, you have a command type squad which is
purely
Veterans carrying heavy weapons!? These are your adult seasoned
warriors;
the Juves aren't physically strong enough to carry these brutal gauss
weapons yet. The remaining squads are Green troops representing Juves or
junior warriors. The morale rules to represent a berserker style rage
make
the Kra'Vak Juves quite dangerous as a failed Confidence Check could
result
in an unexpected Close Combat and even the juve Kra'Vak are viscous,
rolling
2d6 in CC!?

Weapons are all gauss just like ship systems so the infantry small arms
are
treated by the rules pretty much the same.

If I can find them I'll forward the house rules on.

Cheers,
Owen