Prev: RE: [SG] 15mm Infantry Next: Re: [SG] More pictures...

Re: [SG] More pictures...

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:49:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] More pictures...

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, John Crimmins wrote:

> At 11:10 PM 10/24/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >I just finished uploading seven new photos of various 15mm Stargrunt
> >figures and vehicles.
> >
> >Please check <http://warbard.iwarp.com/sg2gallery.html>, the lowest
> >section.
>
> The truck is an Alternative Armies  product, I think.  There were
three
> different versions, nominally 15mm scale, but I use them with 20mm
figures
> and they work just dandy.  I think that it was supposed to go with
their
> 15mm Levy figures.

Thanks for the correction on who made that truck. I'm not surprised it
works alongside 20mm figures - it's not really too big for 15mm, but it
is
chunky.

This is the same Alternative Armies stuff that's being re-released by
Brigade Games? Wonder if they'll redo the vehicles as well...

> I like your tank, by the way.  It looks really good.	The main appeal
for
> 15mm for me at this point is getting to scratchbuild some vehicles.

It's certainly easier in 15mm than 25mm, I think, especially if you want
to use plastic kits as a starting point, like I did for the light tank.
You've also got the whole Roco HO scale modern military range to plunder
-
my IFVs are modified Marder III German IFVs.

> I've
> been accumulating Matchbox vehicles for this very purpose.  A friend
of
> mine put turrets on some old die-cast "Stealth Fighter" models, and
they
> looked great.  (You can dimly see them in the picture at the bottom of
this
> page: <http://www.voicenet.com/~rjfrantz/ >)	Shame you can't get
those
> fighters any more.

Very cool - being able to use 'toy' cars and trucks as a vehicle source
is
another plus for 15mm. One of these days I'm going to buy some of the
more
outlandish Hotwheels vehicles for modification into civilian vehicles
from
the 2180s... I've already done one toy truck up - a few extra parts and
paint job made it into a very nice heavy cargo vehicle.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: RE: [SG] 15mm Infantry Next: Re: [SG] More pictures...