Prev: Re: Whats Next Next: RE: [GZG-WCC-I] nice job

Re: [SG] 15mm Helicopter

From: Ted Arlauskas <ted@n...>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:03:05 -0700
Subject: Re: [SG] 15mm Helicopter

Aron wrote:
 >Thought I'd share this, a 15mm Russian Hind!
 >http://www.mjfigures.bizland.com/newpage4.htm
 >This one is a lead casting, there do seem to be quite a few more Air
plastic
 >kits at 1/100th to be had.
 >I'm not having much luck finding 1/100th Armor plastic kits, closest
I've
gotten
 >is 1/87th Roco tanks.

Aron - I've got a number of 1/100 (15mm) scale helicopters now
in various states of assembly.	Blackhawks, Hueys, a Hind, a
Cobra, and (soon) a CH-54 Tarhe and an OH-6.  Look here:
http://members.tripod.com/~France40/models/copters.html#1/100
for a pretty comprehensive list of models and manufacturers.  I did
a web search for "Revell", "1/100", and "Blackhawk" to find the
helos I got.

I really don't know of anyplace to buy _plastic_ 1/100 armor,
but modern lead 1/100 armor can be had from:
Peter Pig (available thru Brookhurst here in the US)
http://brookhursthobbies.com/Peter%20Pig/peter_pig_Index.htm
or Quality Castings
http://www.qualitycast.com/menu.htm

In regards to your question about the Matchbox armor, those
are all diecasts - about $1 here in the US at Toys R Us.  My
pair of Bradleys only cost me $2 and don't have to be painted!

I'm slowly but surely assembling 15mm Modern and Sci-Fi
armies 'cause I don't have nearly enough going on in my
life right now ...

-Ted

      ted@naxera.com	       |   LA Palm User Group Home Page
http://www.naxera.com/ted  |	 http://www.naxera.com/lapug

Ground Zero Games West Coast Convention - October 20-22, 2000
		 http://www.naxera.com/gzgwcc/index.html

Prev: Re: Whats Next Next: RE: [GZG-WCC-I] nice job