Prev: Re: [FT] Armour (long)(was Re:Armor) Next: GZG-WCC

Re: [way OT] Mag Blast, Tartans, Daleks

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:13:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [way OT] Mag Blast, Tartans, Daleks

"Barclay, Tom" wrote:

> 1) Donald (I believe) described Star of the Gaurdians by MAG FORCE 7.
Sounds
> a lot like the card game MAG BLAST I just played - your centre
flagship is
> surrounded by 4 zones, and you can only attack other players through
those
> zones. Card game. Fun, but far longer (with wiley players) than the
rules
> suggest (we had 5 players, should have taken 50 mins, took 3 hours).

I am not suprised.  In the rule book, it does say that the game is based
on
their "lane-by-lane" system.  How many other "lane-by-lane" card games
do they
have?

(snippage)

> 4) Beth, if I see be-kilted Daleks sporting some god-awful
wrong-coloured
> plaid with a non-symetric warp and weft, I'm sending the Narns but I'm
> issuing them Klingon pain-sticks instead of just bats!
>
> 5) Allan, I think you'll find that the large tartan kilt/wrap people
in the
> highlands used to wear was referred to as "the Great Plaid". There are
many
> references to Plaids throughout Scots history. I've got a great book
about
> this stuff which I will send you information on - well worth the minor
> expense. As an aside: One of the things most people don't realize
about
> Tartan is it must have the same warp and weft and you have to be able
to run
> a mirror down it in several axes. Otherwise it isn't "proper".

It must drive them half crazy making sure everything is right.

> 6) THIS POINT INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK.

Point taken.  ;-)

> Thomas R. S. Barclay
> Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
> e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [FT] Armour (long)(was Re:Armor) Next: GZG-WCC