Prev: Re: [way OT] Mag Blast, Tartans, Daleks Next: Re: [FT] Armour (long)(was Re:Armor)

Re: [OT] Canadian Gaming Stores

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 13:37:29 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Canadian Gaming Stores

>> a list of Canadian Gaming Stores.
>>
>> Have I missed any?

Hi!

The Silver Snail down on Queen St still, to the best of my knowledge,
carries a variety of RPG and Miniature stuff, along with their usual
stacks
of comics and collectibles.

There's a store up in Newmarket (ontario, just north of Toronto) called
Triple Play Comics and Games, run by a great guy named Gord.  They're
mostly a GW stockist, and have a bit of RPG stuff.  If the demand was
there, I'm sure he'd be willing to look at stocking other companies'
game
products.  Nice to go there 'cause Gord is such a good guy.

Old Glory (makers of a LOT of excellent miniatures - for those involved
in
historicals, having an Old Glory catalogue is a must, and they do have
some
fantasy stuff too.  they have excellent lines of 15mm and 25mm WWII
stuff,
and their prices are very reasonable, particularly for those used to
seeing
pricing ah-la GW and Clan War...) has a Canadian distributor.  Right now
they don't have a store - run out of a house with a basement full of
miniatures (literally full - warehouse shelving racks...).  John
Jennings
and Melanie Schmarje (his wife) are the proprieters.  Email at
oldglory@interlog.com and they have a website in progress, telephone at
416-766-7690.  Excellent stuff.

In Ottawa, there is a store called, I think, Fandom II.   It has a
pretty
good selection of gaming stuff of all kinds.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Adrian Johnson
adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca
	AND
acjhumber@yahoo.ca

Prev: Re: [way OT] Mag Blast, Tartans, Daleks Next: Re: [FT] Armour (long)(was Re:Armor)