Prev: Re: GZG West Coast Con: 4 (!) days and counting ... Next: Re: population growth

Re: [FT] Night's Dawn Trilogy

From: Michael Llaneza <imperialdispatches@y...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:26:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Night's Dawn Trilogy

I've given it some thought. The fastest ships in Night's Dawn (barring
anti-matter) top out at about 9g. A Thrust = 9 ship would be
frighteningly
maneuverable under vector, so I considered calling a thrust point 2G,
which
puts the Lady Mac and the fastest Navy frigates at thrust 5.

Other than that, combat wasps are the main weapons - call those SMLs
(with lots
of scope for special salvo types - ECCM, defensive only salvos, etc).
Since
beam weapons aren't much used (wasps outrange them) I considered
limiting even
the largest ships to Beam-2's and smaller stuff to Beam-1s.

--- Chris DeBoe <LASERLIGHT@QUIXNET.NET> wrote:
> > Has anyone attempted to create Full Thrust versions of Peter F.
> > Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" ships?
> >
> > If not could anyone tell me about how many "g's" one thrust point
> > represents
> >
> > Thanks in Advance
> > Jonathan
>
> As much as you like.	I've seen .01gee,  I've seen 10g per thrust
point.	My
> usual assumption is that 1g = 1 thrust but you shouldn't be limited by
that.

http://im.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: GZG West Coast Con: 4 (!) days and counting ... Next: Re: population growth